• 1 medium pumpkin or butternut squash or a similar winter squash
• 2 medium onions, cut into 1-inch chunks
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• Kosher salt
• 2 teaspoons dried rubbed sage
Line a large baking pan or roasting pan with foil. Lightly oil the foil or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Heat the oven to 400 F. With a vegetable peeler or y-peeler, peel the squash. Slice in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Cut the squash into 1-inch cubes. Toss the squash and onion chunks with the olive oil, pepper, and sage. Arrange on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for about 30 to 40 minutes, turning occasionally, or until the squash is tender and lightly browned.